If you love Hambrook Marshes there are lots of ways to help out and keep in touch with what’s happening.
We’re running visitor counts on Sunday 18th July and Wednesday 21st July 2021. If you can spare some time on either of those days to help record visitor numbers, we’d love to hear from you.
We alway need help looking after the marshes. Whether you can spare half an hour a month to help with fundraising or community outreach or a whole day to work on site, we would love to hear from you.
Email lovehambrook @ gmail.com with your contact details and how much time you can offer and we’ll be in touch.
If you’d like to support our work with a one-off donation or standing order, however large or small, we’d be very grateful. All donations go directly to project work on the marshes: we have no management or administration costs
Donate via our Justgiving page or email lovehambrook @ gmail.com to set up a regular standing order.
join our mailing list
Sign up for our monthly newsletter to keep up to date with news and nature reports.
Email lovehambrook @ gmail.com
If you have a fundraising idea to help support Hambrook Marshes, please let us know, so we can publicise it!
SUMMER PHOTO COMPETITION open now
Each quarter, we run a photo competition for seasonal photos of Hambrook Marshes. The summer round is now open, and we want your best shots of summer on the marshes. Hambrook Marshes is full of interest at this time of year – the landscape, the river and the wildlife offer a wealth of choice for photographers as the marshes burst into life.
The winning entry will feature as the cover image on this website, and the header for our facebook page and our newsletter. Please read the entry rules below first! Closing date 11 July 2021.
Entry criteria and judging:
– Images must be of Hambrook Marshes, and reflect the competition’s current seasonal theme.
– Images that show the nature, wildlife or landscape of Hambrook Marshes are welcome, but must not include identifiable people.
– Photos must be in landscape orientation, minimum 2000 x 1200px
– Please don’t submit images with watermarks, or that have heavy filters or effects applied. Black and white images are acceptable.
– You can submit up to 3 images for each competition.
– All photos that you submit must have been taken by you.
– Please email entries to photos @ lhmcio.org with ‘Summer’ in the subject line.
– The trustees of Love Hambrook Marshes will decide the winning entry and notify the winner shortly after the closing date.